11 July 2010

Birthday Week

Can I just say that I work with such an awesome team here in South Africa?!

Kurt and Janna Kay Holiday invite us over every Monday night for food and fellowship. Janna Kay made one of my new favorite winter meals, chicken and dumplings and then a delicious apple cake. Thank you for always opening your home to us and being so hospitable. Thank you for helping make my birthday special!

Alan and Beth Locke are so thoughtful and feed us every Tuesday night. Beth asked what I would like for my birthday dinner and she made me a breakfast feast. It included any and every breakfast food you can think of. After dinner, they asked what game I would like to play... If you can't tell I love to play games. We had a fun time playing outburst. Thank you for such a fun night!


On the East Rand, there are a bunch of supportive staff which include some people who have become good friends of mine. They were so thoughtful to have a birthday celebration for me. We enjoyed going to a speciality coffee shop and hanging out.


This coffee shop roasts their own beans which are imported from many different African and South American countries. It was neat to learn how it is done and the differences in coffee beans around the world. Thanks to Ryan for buying me some coffee from Congo!


Afterwards we went go-karting... So much fun. Thank you East Randers for celebrating my birthday with me. Love you guys!


It can be difficult being away from family and friends during holidays and birthdays. But I am truly blessed with another family here in South Africa!

No comments: