27 January 2011

SNAPshot a day: raise up a child

In discipleship we are currently studying women of the Bible. It has been great learning from these women of the faith and being able to relate to situations they faced. This week we discussed the birth mother of Moses and his adoptive mother, the Pharaoh's daughter. Some of the discussion led to child rearing... Stephanie, Lori and I do not have children but we can share truths from the Bible regardless. I shared the verse Proverbs 22:16 which speaks about raising up a child in the way he should go and that when he is older he will not depart from it. This verse speaks to me because it is true within my own life. My parents raised me up in the way I should go and I walked away from God for a time but returned to what I knew was the truth.

It was awesome to hear Sibongile say that she wanted her son, Kabelo, to grow up to be a God fearing man. And Thembane said that she didn't want her daugther, Koki, to make the same mistakes that she did. Amen!!

Pray for Sibongile and Thembane as they raise their children up in the Lord.


No comments: