16 January 2011

SNAPshot a day: for our good

I have two Hands On girls... Lori and Stephanie... who will be working with me for the remainder of my time here. I am so excited to have some teammates to help in ministering to the children, youth and young women of Soweto.

Please pray for them as they are attending orientation in Botswana for the next 10 days. Pray for God to be working in their hearts and preparing them for the next 4 1/2 months.


Sidenote: I just want to praise God for how He has sustained me during my time overseas. It has been challenging but so worth it! Lori (in picture above) came to visit me back in May 2010 and loved it. We joked about her coming back to serve and threw around the idea of Hands On (short term mission trip for 4 1/2 months). We thought nothing would come of it...

Well, little did I know that things would be changing drastically with my teammate leaving our team and me learning to work by myself. But God knew all this from the beginning and had worked it out for Lori to be accepted by Hands On! And then Stephanie was added to our team soon after! God sees the beginning and end and works all things out for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). I can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of my time in South Africa!

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:5-8

No comments: