09 July 2009

I Love Soccer

We have joined Zach (a fellow journeyman) & Given (a youth we work with and who is very involved in the church and community) in helping with their soccer clubs. The children are on holiday which is a 3 week break from school.

The soccer clubs consist of running, drills and a soccer tournament. We then share a Bible story with the kids before taking them home. 

The kids don't seem to mind piling in the back of the bakkie (truck)! We usually have to do 3 trips in order to get all the kids there which is a good problem to have.

The boys play soccer but I noticed that the girls are not really included... so I asked Given if we could get some girls together. Well, he found a few who were interested and they taught me how to play netball.

Cheetahs vs. Zebras... my team lost... probably because I was on it. Oh well, we hope to play again next week!

Group shot of about 60 kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rach -
Loved these pics, such a reminder of my trip there. We are praying for you and the rest of the team!