26 July 2009

Summit Team pt. 1

Cruisin' in style! We are going to be the chauffeurs for the Route 56 team this week. One perk is that we got to upgrade our small Toyota Corolla to a Condor. Too bad the trade isn't permanent.


Shopping at the Bruma Market. I love it! It is quite an experience as you get to talk with the store owners and play the barter game. We have become friends with quite a few people because we went 2 times last week, once with crazy Johnson from the team who is headed back to the States early. We will be going back with the others this week for our 3rd time. Good thing I love to shop :)  In this picture I am trying pineapple with chili powder. It was actually really good, I'm a fan.



Making friends already…. All the kids love him! On Sunday, the team led a Holiday Bible Club. They sang songs, taught a Bible verse, made a craft, played games and shared a Bible story. They will be having Holiday Bible Clubs and Soccer clinics all week.



Christmas in July! The team brought over extra suitcases filled with goodies for us. Thank you to them and to my awesome family and friends for thinking of me.



Dinner by candlelight.… but not by choice. The electricity went out on Sunday night and because I had not yet eaten dinner I had to find something to eat that didn’t require cooking. I’m not complaining because I’m thankful we can get peanut butter here!


No comments: