11 February 2011

SNAPshot a day: time with God

The most important part of my day is my time spent with God each morning. I enjoy reading His Word, journaling about what spoke to me, and praying for ministry, loved ones and His glory to be made known.

Without this time each day... I can do nothing... "I am the vine, you are the brances. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). If I am not spending time with God, how can I pour into the lives of others? Pray that I would desire spending time with Him above all else!!


What I am currently reading...

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Hebrews 5:7

Jesus cried in agony and poured out his heart before God, His father. He prayed for the Father to take the cup of suffering that He would face on the cross... but after pleading, he said willingly, "yet not my will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42). Jesus submitted to the Father even to the point of death. What are you submitting to... your own will and desires or to the Father and His will?

If Jesus submitted to His own desires... He would not have died on the cross, we would not have been saved from our sins and we would be spending eternity in hell without the presence of God. Thank you Jesus!!

Are we always so open and honest with God? This makes me question... when was the last time I cried out to the point of tears on behalf of a loved one who does not know Him? Or for someone who is sick and dying? Or even for my own situation? But after praying to the Father, we should leave it in His hands in reverent submission. That means when we are facing a trial and ask for deliverance, we must then be willing to say that His will be done, not ours. We can rest in the promises that He will never leave us, He knows what is best for us and He hears our cries for help. We must trust that His ways are higher than ours and His purpose alone will stand.

Jesus prayed. Submitted. Continued the Father's work.

No comments: