26 May 2011

SNAPshot a day: tears

In this case, I don't have a picture that speaks a thousand words... but it speaks to me. Koki (right) was a couple months old when I arrived. We just celebrated her 2nd birthday last month. To see the children growing up before my very eyes really shows how much time I have spent here in Africa.


Today, we had a goodbye party. I can't even express to you the joy and sadness I felt all at once as each person got up to share something...

The joy to hear how God has worked in their lives and how I have been able to be a part of that. To be thanked for the work God did through me for I can take no credit. To see where they have come from and where they are going in their relationship with the Lord. To hear how they are encouraging me to continue sharing the Gospel with people in America... Praise God!

The sadness to know I am saying goodbye to some of my best friends. To think that I may never see them this side of heaven... Pray for them to be strengthened in the Lord and continue in the faith!

Tears fell freely as I sat and listened, laughed, hugged and was prayed for by each one. These two years have been the most challenging but the most rewarding. I wouldn't take it back for anything! Thank you Lord!

No comments: