03 April 2011

SNAPshot a day: recognition

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

This was the theme verse of my first mission trip that I took to Zimbabwe with Kurt and Janna Kay. On this trip, God placed a love for the people of Africa in my heart. God also showed me that I am not too young to be used by Him.

I remember seeing the future house that Kurt and Janna Kay would be moving to in South Africa within the year. Kurt was my favorite youth pastor so it was difficult to see them leave our church but I was so encouraged by their desire to see the nations worship the one true God. Little did I know, nine years later I would be headed over to South Africa to work alongside of them. It has been an amazing two years and I thank God for putting them in my life, especially for teaching me how to love the nations.

They are part of my story for His glory!


Zach and I were both recognized for the completion of our term. Zach leaves in 1 week. I leave in 2 months.

No comments: