17 October 2010

Ubaba & Omama: Pt 2

The adventure continues...

We went to downtown Johannesburg to experience the city life and do some shopping. Princess and Kabelo came along... they loved dad and used him as a jungle gym!


We ended up having to go downtown again the next day to complete the shopping for shoes and getting my traditional dress made for Sibongile's wedding. But I have found that by living in another country... things don't always go according to plan nor is the problem a quick fix. We went early to be able to get things done quickly but on the way... I heard a pop as I went to brake and then I lost control of the car and thankfully was able to swerve and miss the car in front of me.

I was able to drive with my hazards on slowly and found some police to ask where a car shop was. They had no idea but instead pointed us to a gas station. Which thankfully a car shop was right across the street... praise God! But while we waited for the car to be fixed, we walked the streets of Jozi. And God worked it all out with not too much difficulty. It was a lovely day regardless of the circumstances!

This is Lebogang and Sibongile with her son Kabelo. They are getting married on 30 October 2010. I'm so excited for the two of them! And this will be my first African wedding :)


We were able to go to the Rezolution conference to hear John Piper speak.


What was awesome is that Amber was part of the worship team, playing the violin. They did an excellent job leading worship in both English and Zulu.


Given who is a friend from Soweto was part of the worship team. He has bonded with my dad and calls him, Umkhulu, which means grandpa in Zulu. Let me explain... Given has taken to calling me mom because I always look out for him and make sure he is doing his school work. So, now he has met his grandpa and grandma!


Ubaba and Omama went to church at Faith Baptist Church in Snake Park. They enjoyed the worship and dancing African style!


Here is Mom and Dawn in action...


Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre! For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.
Psalm 149:3-4

No comments: