14 August 2010

Fellowship with Friends

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! ... A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12

I have been blessed with making many good friends here in South Africa. I am so thankful to God for the relationships he has given me over the past year. I cherish the time I get to spend with them! I don't even want to think about having to leave next year.

Zach and I decided to have some of our friends from Soweto over for food, fun and fellowship with one another.


We have started a tradition of having friends over and cooking a meal together. The women were responsible for making the gravy and pap (corn meal). And I enjoyed teaching them how to bake cupcakes which they loved.


The men were in charge of the braai which included chicken and borewors (sausage). Amazingly good!


Koketso


Kabelo and Letu


As we sat down to the table, Given said we were one big happy family which reminded me that these loved ones are my family... my brothers and sisters in Christ!


After dinner, we enjoyed a game of spoons... you gotta love a little competition! We have played this game at every get together since the first time we played at my birthday party. Too much fun.


Zakhele was not interested in playing cards but was happy to watch a movie. We all joined him after our card game and enjoyed some hot chocolate since it is still cold here. We had a lovely night just spending time together and encouraging one another. Love all of them so much!


No comments: