21 December 2009

Grams

Doris Ann Bennett
15 June 1932 - 18 December 2009

My grams passed away on 18 Dec after a battle with cancer. I can't even begin to tell you how heart sick I am... as I was not able to say goodbye and I don't know whether I will see her in heaven. But I have prayed for the past 4 years for her to come to know the Lord as Savior. Now, I don't know if she accepted Christ but I can rest assured that God is in control and desires for all to come to salvation but each person has to make that decision.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

For many years I have made a big effort to keep in touch with her. I would call her every Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm. This obviously changed when I came to Africa but I would still send postcards and letters.

My Grams was one good looking lady :)


My grandma lived in NYC but for as long as I can remember, she would come visit us in NC and stay for a couple months out of the year. She was such a big part of my life growing up. She was a loving and caring person and was always there for us.



This is the last picture I have with her from Dec 2008. Please take note of her sweatshirt - Grandma Appalachian State. 

I love her so much and she will be greatly missed!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. She would be so proud to see how you felt about her. She knew you loved her very much and always looked forward to your Sunday calls. My Sat at 7:30 AM, will always remind me of my calls to her. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I have just caught up with getting to read your blog. I have been praying for your Grandma and Mom. One of the things that comforted me in the loss of a loved one whose salvation that I wasn't sure of was that it is never too late with God and He knows our heart. I hope and pray your thoughts continue to be filled with the happy times you enjoyed with your Grandma, I know she loved you very much and knew you loved her too. 2cor1:2-4 Love and Hugs, Carole