25 December 2009

Christmas in Africa

Let me just say that I am a big fan of tradition... And Jensen family tradition requires opening presents as soon as you get up. So, Amber and I opened our gifts that were sent to us by our awesome moms.


In South Africa, people go to church on Christmas Day unlike in the States when we go to a Christmas Eve service. We sang, gave testimony, prayed and heard the story of Jesus' birth. It was a great way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. These sweet girls are the daughters of our newest team members.


We had a meal together with some of our team members as two of our families are in the States right now. We miss you Holidays and Lockes! We played the white elephant game with African curios where everyone wins :)


And this picture is for dad... Every year for breakfast on Christmas he makes tinapanakaga which is a Norwegian pancake. I decided to carry on the tradition and make it for Amber and Zach. I don't think it was as good as dads but I enjoyed having a taste from home.


And what better way to end the day then by video skyping with my sister and brother in law. And then with my mom, dad and the Burchettes getting to open gifts together. It just wouldn't be Christmas with out "being" with your loved ones!

No comments: