14 March 2010

Faces of Soweto

No words can describe the beauty of these faces so I won't try. All of these faces are very precious to me, therefore I'm asking that you partner with us in prayer for the people of Soweto.

1. Pray that they would seek to know God and live for Him. "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

2. Pray for those who live in fear of the ancestors, that they would put their trust in the Lord. "for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

3. Pray for children to understand of God's love for them in spite of the abuse and neglect they may experience. "but Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.'" Matthew 19:14

4. Pray for the youth to strive to live for the Lord and not gratify their physical desires. "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

5. Pray for the believers to stand firm and grow in their faith. "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." Colossians 2:6-7


  
     

No comments: