07 January 2010

Sofie Lynn Hall

For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-16

Vanessa came to visit me a week before I left for South Africa back in June 09 to say goodbye and give me some amazing news... that I was going to be an aunt! She handed me a gift as soon as we picked her up from the airport and inside was this onesie that said "I love my Aunt Rachie." 


Well, Sofie was born on 6 Jan 2010 at 9:31am. She weighs 6 lbs. 13 oz and is 20 inches long. My sister Vanessa is doing well. Thank you for all your prayers. God has truly worked a miracle with the delivery of a healthy baby girl in spite of the many complications faced along the way.


I was able to hear about her birth in SA through a text message even before my mom! I love technology!


Being in South Africa is difficult as I will not get to hold my niece until she is 1 year and 4 months. But thanks be to God for skype as I am able to see Sofie and will be able to watch her grow up. This is my first time meeting her :) Aren't they both just beautiful??


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations Aunt Rachel!

Marie

Courtney said...

So excited for you!!!! Sofie is precious! Hope things continue to go great for her and your sister :)